Last modified: May 2018
Some Important Terms
Mobile Inventor: We are a mobile app development company that provides a mobile app as a service to App Owners.
App Owner: This is the individual/entity that has contracted with Mobile Inventor to provide you the mobile app.
Parent Portal Services: Many of our apps securely integrate with parent portals. If you register and/or login in the mobile app then you are using one
of these services. These services are contracted by the app owner to facilitate your account and the management of services to you. We integrate with these services in our apps to facilitate
quick enrollment, payments, registration, and other services. All of this is done securely and is discussed more in detail further in this policy.
Information We Collect
Mobile Inventor receives or collects information when we operate and provide our Services, including when you install, access, or use our Services.
Information You Provide
- Your Account Information. You provide us your account credentials when logging into one of the services we integrate with.
This includes, but not limited to, the Jackrabbit, Studio Director, and iClassPro parent portals.
We use these credentials to ensure automatic login into your account in the mobile app on subsequent visits.
These credentials are never shared with any third-parties.
- Payments. When you make a payment via the mobile app, we securely transmit all required information to our parent portal services as mentioned above.
We do not store this information nor do we share it with any third-parties outside of the related parent portal services.
- Information about children/students. When logging into one of our parent portal integrations, you are providing us information about your children/students
that are present in the parent portal service being accessed. This information is only used to facilitate quick enrollment and other features such as the gymnastics Stat Tracker feature.
It may also be used to enhance management of the app by the app owner. For example, student skill tracking. This information is never shared with any third-parties.
- Photos. When you upload a photo using the "Upload" option or by using the Progress Chart, we store this photo on our servers.
This photo may be used by the app when showing you previously uploaded photos.
It is also provided to the owner of the app for potential use in social media posts, advertising, and other publicly accessible formats.
If you have uploaded a photo that you do not want used in this capacity please contact us and we will remove the photo(s) from our database as well
as submit a request to the app owner to discontinue use of the photo(s).
- Other Sensitive Information Related to Your Parent Portal Account All account related information except noted above is not stored on our servers
and is not shared with third-parties. Any transmission of this data is only to facilitate the secure viewing and update thereof within the mobile app.
Permissions In The App
- Location. We use your location to provide access to geographically restricted content.
- Network State. We use network state to understand if you have an internet connection.
- Internet. We use your internet connection to show you external content and to facilitate viewing and updating your account.
- Calendar. We only use your device calendar if you want to save an event to this calendar. We do not read, store, or use your calendar information for other purposes.
- External Storage. We may use external storage on your device to store sytem files needed for the mobile app to operate properly.
- Phone State. We need to know your device's state in order to know when to perform important actions in the mobile app. An example is to sync push notifications.
Automatically Collected Information
- Usage and Log Information. We collect service-related, diagnostic, and performance information. This includes information about your activity (such as how you use our Services and the like), log files, and diagnostic, crash, and performance logs and reports.
- Transactional Information. We collect device-specific information when you install, access, or use our Services. This includes information such as hardware model, operating system information, IP address, and device identifiers. We collect device location information if you use our location features, such as viewing content that is geographically restricted. We also collect device location information for the purpose of serving location-based push notifications from the app owner.
- Information Others Provide About You. We may receive information regarding your account with one of our parent portal integration services.
This information is used to better services in the app and is also provided to the app owner to allow better communication with you through the app.
- Third-Party Providers. We work with third-party providers to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services.
For example, we work with companies to distribute our apps, provide our infrastructure, delivery, and other systems, help us understand how people use our Services, and market our Services.
These providers may provide us information about you in certain circumstances; for example, app stores may provide us reports to help us diagnose and fix service issues.
How We Use Information
We use all the information we have to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services.
- Our Services. We operate and provide our Services, including providing customer support, and improving, fixing, and customizing our Services. We understand how people use our Services, and analyze and use the information we have to evaluate and improve our Services, research, develop, and test new services and features, and conduct troubleshooting activities. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us.
- Safety and Security. We verify accounts and activity, and promote safety and security on and off our Services, such as by investigating suspicious activity or violations of our Terms, and to ensure our Services are being used legally.
- No Third-Party Banner Ads. We do not allow third-party banner ads on our apps. We have no intention to introduce them, but if we ever do, we will update this policy.
Account Information & Retention. You have the right to update, correct or delete information about you at any time.
Please contact us if you wish to do so and we will respond to your access request within 30 days.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services.
We will retain and use your information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
We will retain personal data we process on behalf of our customers as directed by paying customers.
We will retain this personal information as necessary to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce agreements.
Upon request, we will provide you with information about whether we hold, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your personal information that we are aware of.
To request this information, please contact us.
Assignment, Change Of Control, And Transfer
Law And Protection
We may collect, use, preserve, and share your information if we have a good-faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond pursuant to applicable law or regulations, to legal process, or to government requests; (b) enforce our Terms and any other applicable terms and policies, including for investigations of potential violations; (c) detect, investigate, prevent, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our users, Mobile Inventor, or others.
Our Global Operations
Updates To Our Policy